Saturday, August 24, 2013

Loot Crate August 2013 - First Impression and Review


Hello everyone!
As some of you who have read my previous blog entry know, and for those of you who don't, I have recently subscribed to Loot Crate as a monthly subscription box. Now for those of you who don't know what Loot Crate is, it is a monthly subscription box that is for gamers and geeks; which means it has stuff that pertains to video games, Star Wars, etc. Now I myself am a huge geek and a gamer, which I pride myself in being; so the thought of getting a box every month that appeals to both of those sides is just...well exciting to put it simply. Now Loot Crate costs less than $20 a month and contains about 5-8 items that pertain to geek and gamer, etc. I will link the main site below so that those who are interested may go and check it out for themselves.

Anyhow, let's get onto this month's Loot Crate. Now this month's is really special because it is the first anniversary of Loot Crate! So congrats Loot Crate for being around for a whole year, you guys rock! Now each box has a different theme, this month's is Cake. Now I know as a gamer that cake goes hand-in-hand with the games Portal and Portal 2, which I am a huge fan of, so I was most excited to get this box. And it did not disappoint at all! Below is a overall picture that I have included of all that came within this month's box and I will go into detail on each item.


 The first thing that came in this month's Loot Crate was a shirt by Shirt.WOOT! The shirt is called the Caffeine Power Up Shirt. Now this shirt is well worth the full price that I paid for this whole box. This is because this shirt is so well made and soft that I won't be able to help myself from going to the website and ordering more shirts by this company. Which brings me to the next item that was included, which is a code for $5 off of any shirt on the Shirt.WOOT! site...and the possibility of that being used today is very high. The shirt itself really is high quality, soft feeling and fits wonderfully.

The next two items that I received were a Aperture Laboratories Lanyard and a Aperture Laboratories Test Subject Wristband. Again both of these items are very well made and are worth at least $10 each if you would buy them from a store that sells them. I know that at Hot Topic, both of these would go for a little under $10 because they are so well made. I have already put the lanyard on my keys as well as the wristband on my wrist to show the true gamer that I am.

Another item that came was a Aperture Laboratories Temporary Tattoo, which I don't plan on using but I would like to keep it for display purposes :D. Along with the temporary tattoo there was a set of Portal Stickers that were customized to feature the Loot Crate symbol. Which is just awesome!

And the final item that was in this month's Loot Crate was an AMC Walking Dead Mystery Mini, which I am a fan of the show so I was more than happy to get this item. Since it is a mystery box, everyone who received this box got a different figurine, which to me makes it all the more awesome.

Well I am happy to say that I am very satisfied with this box and I plan on continuing my subscription for as long as I can. I can say that I cannot wait to see what comes in next month's box and I highly suggest that if you are a geek or a gamer, or even if you're not, that you try this box out :D

And remember...

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Until next time!

**I would like to say that all opinions are my own and Loot Crate did not influence my opinion on the items received in their box**

No comments:

Post a Comment