Sunday, January 25, 2015

Kawaii Box Review, Jan. 2015 Box


Today I am going to be reviewing one of my new favorite monthly subscription boxes, Kawaii Box.

Now, I am completely in love with the Asian culture, especially Japanese and South Korean. I find both cultures to be colorful and interesting. One of my favorite loves is their music, K-pop/K-rock and J-pop/J-rock. I am also in the process of learning Japanese from a self-taught free website, Memrise. So when I discovered that there was an Asian based monthly subscription box, I was so excited! And this box did not disappoint at all.

For those of you who do not know about Kawaii Box, it is a monthly subscription box that delivers 10 to 12 Kawaii (cute) items that have been handpicked from Japan and South Korean brands. The box costs $18.90 a month with free shipping; with all payments handled completely through PayPal. The brands that are often found in this box are Totoro, Popin' Cookin', My Melody, Hello Kitty and Rilakkuma to name just a few.

Now I'm going to separate what it is in the box into different categories so that I can describe them easier.

Plushies/Keychains
First of all can we just take moment to appreciate the cuteness of these keychains! OMG SO KAWAII!

The biggest plushie/keychain (pictured in the middle) is so soft! Its just so adorable to look at that you can't help but smile seeing the little smile on its face. I'm not exactly sure what it is but if I had to take a guess I would think its a Strawberry Sweet Roll. I cannot wait to put this on my bag!

The second keychain (pictured to the left of the middle) is a squishy keychain. I have always wanted one of these but where I live I have never been able to get my hand on one. I am so happy that I have a squishy now to call my own! And its so cute too! Now the only problem is, is that I cannot decide whether to put it on my keys, bag or phone. Decisions, decisions!

The last keychain is a deco keychain that has a small mirror on the back. To think that someone handmade this is incredible. The details are just fantastic looking, it really does look like a treat you would enjoy with friends. I honestly didn't know if I wanted to eat it or put it on my keys!

Beauty/Accessories
The next items I received were directed at beauty and accessories.

The first product that I received was a pair of Hello Kitty glasses (lens-less). I apologize for not having this product in the picture. When I had first opened my box and saw the glasses I put them on immediately; so when I was taking pictures for this post I completely forgot that I was wearing them. However, I will include a picture that I posted to Instagram of the full box at the end of this blog. The frames are black with a red bow on the left eye frame. The glasses are extremely well made and do not feel or seem cheap at all. Which is just awesome to get such high quality product for such a reasonable price.

The second product that I received is a beaded stretch bracelet. the beads on the bracelet are of a nice large size and are the most beautiful shade of light pastel purple. There are four seashell charms on the bracelet that are gold. Despite the bracelet resembling something a young child or young teen would ear, it is very well made. And even though I am in my mid-twenties, I adore this bracelet and I have no problem sporting this accessory for the world to see. It is a very nice addition to my accessory collection.

The final beauty/accessory product that I received is a small bottle of nail polish from the brand BK. I do now know the official color because there is no other English wording to be found on the bottle. The color speaks for itself however; it is a gorgeous bright blue/green color that I cannot wait to try out the next time I paint my nails. And with the bottle being so small and lightweight, it makes it easier to travel with for touch-ups and such.
Picture of the polish on my nails!
I tried out this polish after typing up this and decided that I had to share it. I simply love the color and I want to try out more colors by this brand!







Stationary
The next group of products that I got were all stationary type products.

The first was a pack of cute ghost stickers. The first sheet has five super puffy and Kawaii ghost stickers, that are just too adorable to even be considered as scary. The second sheet of stickers is a bunch of mini ghosts and bat stickers that are just as cute as the puffy ghosts! These ghosts are just so cute that I simply cannot decide where I want to display them.

The second product that I received was a pen. Since I'm an avid writer, I love collecting pens. And I was so happy that I received such a cute pen in my box! The pen writes in blue and is of a great quality. The little girl on the clip is also too cute for words. The pen also displays a cute quote on the side of it that says, "Hello! My friend dall mate". Now for some this may be annoying as many Japanese products that are translated into English doesn't seem to make sense but this doesn't bother me in the slightest. I find it adorable and a treat to read. Its something that just brightens up my day.

The last stationary product that I received was a vintage stamp set. This set includes one stamp and one ink pad. The design of the stamp is of a little bird sitting on a branch with the words, "Sing a Song" written beneath. The stamp is very well made and is an excellent product to use. The ink pad is also of the same excellent quality and is colored a forest green color. I do a ton of journaling and having this unique set in my collection makes me smile.


The last items that I received were basically misc. products.

The first product being a small coin purse that is coral with white spots. The coin purse has a clasp closing and the material used is a soft material that I cannot identify but I would love to find more products made from this type of material. The coin purse is very well made and is the perfect size to fit into any bag/purse. I'm already using mine as a coin purse in my small bag and its the perfect addition to it.

And last but not least I got a couple of snack products. Both products are Rilakkuma brand snacks. First off the packaging is just adorable! And since the packs are small and light, they are perfect to carry around in your bag for a snack. Each snack bag contains 4-5 Rilakkuma shaped rice cracker snacks. The snacks have been dusted with some seasoning powder. I've never been one to like rice crackers but these are delicious! I only wish that I was able to get more of these snacks where I live cause these would be an excellent snack to carry around during the day, especially a busy day.

Also if you don't want to subscribe to Kawaii Box but you would like to see more of the products that they offer; then you are in luck! They have a Kawaii online store that sells the products that are found in their monthly boxes, so you can just purchase the products that you want and not wait on the box. The site also offers free shipping worldwide! I will link both of the sites below so feel free to check them out!

This was by far one of my favorite monthly boxes to receive that I cannot wait to get another one!

Instagram Pic of Kawaii Box
Until next time!

Kawaiibox.com - Monthly subscription box
Blippo.com - Kawaii Shop


Disclaimer: I have no connection with this company. This box was purchased with my own money and my review has not been influenced in any way. My reviews/thoughts are of my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment