Saturday, June 17, 2017

Moose Munch Gourmet Popcorn Review


Image Source: Google
I'm always on the lookout for new snacks, granted some of them aren't really as healthy as they could be but we do need to treat ourselves once in awhile in my opinion. Because let's be honest, life would get pretty boring if we ate the same thing day in and day out. At least for me that statement is very true.

I discovered this snack through Spoon University, a subscription box. They were offering free boxes for a limited time and these boxes would be filled with a variety of snacks. And since it was free to try, I couldn't really say no because once again everyone loves to get stuff free...especially snacks. Granted it took about a month for me to receive my box but I was more than willingly to wait to try out the new snacks that I haven't tried before. I did try several new snacks that I have never tried before so be on the lookout for those in upcoming reviews.

The first thing that I noticed about this popcorn is that it wasn't overly sweet. It was the perfect combination of sweet and savory. This is a problem that I have personally noticed with previous products that I have tried that are similar to Moose Munch. Perhaps it is my own personal taste buds but I often find products such as these to be overly sweet and I cannot enjoy them. The addition of the crunchy clusters gave the popcorn even more of a texture, one that was well appreciated. And also with the combination of the almonds and the cashews, it gave the popcorn just enough of that nutty flavor for it to compliment the combined flavors of the milk chocolate, the clusters and the popcorn itself.

What surprised me the most about this product was how filling it was. The bag that came in the box was a snack bag but I quickly found that just by eating only half of the bag that I was full. It was an odd feeling but one that wasn't unwelcome. It is hard to find a snack that is not only satisfying to eat but one that fills you up. I was full for several hours while I was out running errands after eating only half of the small snack bag. I like this fact because I feel like I can snack on this product before I have to go grocery shopping so I no longer have to worry about shopping while hungry. Because we all know what happens if one goes grocery shopping when one is hungry, you end up spending needless amounts of money on food that you didn't even plan on getting in the first place.

I cannot wait to try the other flavors of this gourmet popcorn. I do wonder if they offer a Holiday canister...hmm, something to look into for sure. Well that does it for this review,

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment