Monday, June 19, 2017

Product Review - Quest Cereal Protein Bars


Image Source: Google
Recently I tried some new protein bars that were based on cereal flavors. I have tried Quest bars before and there are some that I like and some that I do not much care for. So I thought I would give two of the flavors a try to see if I liked them. Well I liked one of them and the other one I did not care for in the least.

The first one that I tried was the Cinnamon Roll flavored one. Surprisingly this was the one that I didn't care for. For something that has cinnamon in it, it really was pretty tasteless; which surprised me to say the least. It was good and it was a good start to my day when I was in a rush out of the door and didn't have time to make me some breakfast. However I don't think that I will be getting this flavor anytime soon. Maybe if they change the recipe or perhaps add more cinnamon to it because it really doesn't taste like anything. At least to me, which I am aware that not everyone is going to have the same taste-buds as me. I would compare this flavor to that of a rice cake if I am honest, it had a little flavor but not the burst of flavor that I have come to expect from a product that contains cinnamon.


Image Source: Google
The second flavor that I tried was Waffle. Now this was the one that I expected that I wouldn't like cause I'm just not a fan of waffles. But I was surprised to say the least when I found that I liked the taste of it. Unlike the cinnamon flavored one, this one was bursting with a buttery flavor as well as that of syrup. It was very tasty and pleasing to eat. It went very well as a replacement bar for breakfast and it kept me full a bit longer than the cinnamon one. I can't help but wonder if it had anything to do with the taste being more pleasant to eat then the cinnamon one.

So between the two of them, I'd chose the Waffle flavored one. I know that there are a few other flavors available and I want to try them to see if I will like them. Cause I know that I'm going to get bored with eating the same flavor over and over again. But that's okay. Also sorry for the short review but there really isn't much else that I can say about this product.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment