Thursday, October 20, 2016

Amityville Horror & Amityville Horror The Possession Movie Reviews


Hello all and welcome to another horror movie today. Today is a special treat because I'm going to be reviewing two movies in one. Today I'm going to be reviewing The Amityville Horror (1979) and The Amityville II: The Possession (1982)

Both of these movies came out back to back so I was able to watch them without any interruptions which is fantastic. Now I don't want to ruin either of these movies by giving away spoilers, even though I'm sure that if you're a horror movie fan that you have seen both of these movies numerous times.

Personally I love the original Amityville better than I like the one from 2005 with Ryan Reynolds. Not saying that he isn't a good actor at all but I do prefer the originals when it comes to horror movies. I just feel like they can draw me in better than more recent horror movies or remakes of horror movies can.

One thing I can say about both movies is that they are very suspenseful and they set the perfect scene. The camera work on both films are simply amazing and they really make you feel connected to each character in the movie. The effects are also simply fantastic considering that both of these movies came out before advanced movie editing and in my personal opinion, both of these movies set the bar when it came to horror movies; along with The Exorcist of course which to me is in a league all of it's own.

I don't want to really spoil either of these movies because I want others to go and watch them; even if you've watched them before reading this review, watch them again! I mean they're classics and personally I don't see how anyone can not watch them.

Well that's it for this horror movie review! Thanks for reading! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment